(5 March 1851 - 15 April 1901) was a Czech academic painter.
Since 1868 he studied at the Academy of Arts in Prague, Dresden, and Munich. In 1879 he went on study journey to the Netherlands.
He married a daughter of a wealthy art dealer in Paris, who helped him achieve success in French high society. He divided his time between Prague, where he taught at the Academy since 1893, and Paris. In 1896 he was elected as a foreign member and the successor of John Millais in the French Academie des beaux-arts. He died suddenly of cardiac failure and is buried at the Cimetiere de Montmartre.
Related Paintings of Vaclav Brozik :. | Moravians | A Seated Lady | Polyxena z Lobkovic | Maurice | At the ball. Signed, inscribed and dated V. DE BROZIK. PRAGUE |
Related Artists:Paul Buffet
French, 1864-1941Gaines Ruger Donoho
Gaines Ruger Donoho Gallery CAMPEN, Jacob van
Dutch Baroque Era Painter, 1595-1657
Chief exponent of Classicism in The Netherlands. He studied architecture in Italy and was influenced by the work of Scamozzi and Palladio. With his Coymans House on the Keizersgracht, Amsterdam (1624), he introduced the Palladian style to The Netherlands. His most refined work is the Mauritshuis in The Hague (1633?C5), which has a Palladian plan, elevations featuring a Giant Order of Ionic pilasters set on a plain base, a pedimented central section given little emphasis, and a hipped roof. Much grander is the Town Hall (now Royal Palace), Amsterdam (1648?C55): it has two internal courtyards separated by a huge central hall, façades with two superimposed Giant Orders of pilasters, and a large projecting pedimented central section over which is a domed lantern. His Nieuwe Kerk (New Church), Haarlem (1645?C9), is based on the quincunx plan (essentially a Greek cross within a square), with square Ionic crossing-piers and a groin-vault over the crossing. He was responsible for the Accijnshuis, Amsterdam (1638), the Noordeinde Palace, The Hague (1640), and, with others, the decorations of Post's Huis-den-Bosch, Maarssen, near Utrecht (c.1628).