Jan Van Eyck Locations
Painter and illuminator, brother of Hubert van Eyck.
According to a 16th-century Ghent tradition, represented by van Vaernewijck and Lucas d Heere, Jan trained with his brother Hubert. Pietro Summonte assertion (1524) that he began work as an illuminator is supported by the fine technique and small scale of most of Jan works, by manuscript precedents for certain of his motifs, and by his payment in 1439 for initials in a book (untraced) for Philip the Good, Duke of Burgundy. Jan is first documented in The Hague in August 1422 as an established artist with an assistant and the title of Master, working for John III, Count of Holland (John of Bavaria; reg 1419-25), who evidently discovered the artist while he was bishop (1389-1417) of the principality of Liege. Jan became the court official painter and was paid, with a second assistant when the work increased in 1423, continuously, probably until the count death in January 1425. Related Paintings of Jan Van Eyck :. | The Birth of John the Baptist | Annunciation, National Gallery of Art. | The Ghent altar piece voltooid | Man in aRed Turban | Detail of Betrothal of the Arnolfinis |
Related Artists:Franciszek Kostrzewski
(19 April 1826 in Warsaw - 30 September 1911 in Warsaw) was a Polish painter, illustrator and caricaturist.
He was born in Warsaw, Congress Poland, Russian Empire. Among his works are paintings illustrating the epic poem Pan Tadeusz. He died in Warsaw.
Carlo Ceresa (January 20, 1609 - January 29, 1679) was an Italian painter of the Baroque period active mainly around Bergamo.
His early life and training are poorly recorded. He likely trained in Bergamo. He visited Venice, yet esconced himself in the small town of San Giovanni Bianco in Val Bembrana. Mostly recalled for his portraiture, Ceresa also painted altarpieces and religious works in an understated fashion. Adolf Steel
German, 1829 - 1907
German and lived in Germany.
Most of his works are about arab people and arabic street and city. There are a lot of oil paintings which are collected by museums in Europe.