Gustave Courbet Locations
was a French painter whose powerful pictures of peasants and scenes of everyday life established him as the leading figure of the realist movement of the mid-19th century.
Gustave Courbet was born at Ornans on June 10, 1819. He appears to have inherited his vigorous temperament from his father, a landowner and prominent personality in the Franche-Comte region. At the age of 18 Gustave went to the College Royal at Besancon. There he openly expressed his dissatisfaction with the traditional classical subjects he was obliged to study, going so far as to lead a revolt among the students. In 1838 he was enrolled as an externe and could simultaneously attend the classes of Charles Flajoulot, director of the ecole des Beaux-Arts. At the college in Besançon, Courbet became fast friends with Max Buchon, whose Essais Poetiques (1839) he illustrated with four lithographs.
In 1840 Courbet went to Paris to study law, but he decided to become a painter and spent much time copying in the Louvre. In 1844 his Self-Portrait with Black Dog was exhibited at the Salon. The following year he submitted five pictures; only one, Le Guitarrero, was accepted. After a complete rejection in 1847, the Liberal Jury of 1848 accepted all 10 of his entries, and the critic Champfleury, who was to become Courbet first staunch apologist, highly praised the Walpurgis Night. Related Paintings of Gustave Courbet :. | The Wave | Sleeping Nude | Apples | The Grain Sifters | Flower |
Related Artists:Nico Klopp
Den Nico Klopp war e letzebuergesche Moler. Hien ass den 18. September 1894 zu Bech-Maacher gebuer, an den 29. Dezember 1930 an der Stad Lëtzebuerg gestuerwen, wahrscheinlech un engem Gehirtumor, am Alter vun nëmme 36 Joer. Hie gëtt zu de postimpressionistesche Moler gerechent.
Säi LiewenDen Nico Klopp koum aus dem Wënzermilieu. Hien huet d'Handwierkerschoul an der Stad besicht. Seng Eltere si frei gestuerwen. No hirem Doud, huet hie sech fräi gefillt, fir vun 1915-1920 zu Dusseldorf a Weimar Konscht ze studeieren. Well hie vun der Konscht aleng net liewe konnt, war hien, vun 1923 un, Gemengereceveur zu Reimech.
Zäitweileg huet hien op Schoulen Zeechenunterrecht ginn, an huet nach en Täschegeld als Kannengerchersziichter verdengt. 1927 huet hie sech mat e puer anere Kënschtler, wei dem Joseph Kutter, dem Claus Cito, dem Auguste Tremont an anere vum Cercle Artistique getrennt, well him de Cercle ze reckstänneg war. Si goufe Sezessioniste genannt, well se 1927 e Salon de la Secession" organiseiert haten.
E puer vu senge Wierker sinn am Nationalmusee fir Geschicht a Konscht an der Stad ze gesinn.
Den Nico Klopp huet vill Biller vun der Musel gemoolt, bekannt si virun allem seng Biller vun der Muselbreck zu Reimech. Hien huet och Blummebiller gemoolt an dobäi hat hien eng Präferenz fir Tulpen. Ausserdeem war hien e Meeschter an Holz- a Linoschnëtter.Giovanni Paolo Panini
17 June 1691 - 21 October 1765) was an Italian painter and architect, mainly known as one of the vedutisti .
As a young man, Panini trained in his native town of Piacenza, under Giuseppe Natali and Andrea Galluzzi, and later the stage designer Francesco Galli-Bibiena. In 1711, he moved to Rome, where he studied drawing with Benedetto Luti and became famous as a decorator of palaces, including the Villa Patrizi (1719-1725), the Palazzo de Carolis (1720), and the Seminario Romano (1721-1722). In 1719, Panini was admitted to the Congregazione dei Virtuosi al Pantheon. He taught in Rome at the Accademia di San Luca and the Academie de France, where he influenced Jean-Honore Fragonard. In 1754, he served as the principal of the Accademia di San Luca. Panini died in Rome on 21 October 1765
As a painter, Panini is best known for his vistas of Rome, in which he took a particular interest in the city's antiquities. Among his most famous works are the interior of the Pantheon, and his vedute paintings of picture galleries containing views of Rome. Most of his works, specially those of ruins have a substantial fanciful and unreal embellishment characteristic of capriccio themes. Jan Van Eyck
Jan Van Eyck Locations
Painter and illuminator, brother of Hubert van Eyck.
According to a 16th-century Ghent tradition, represented by van Vaernewijck and Lucas d Heere, Jan trained with his brother Hubert. Pietro Summonte assertion (1524) that he began work as an illuminator is supported by the fine technique and small scale of most of Jan works, by manuscript precedents for certain of his motifs, and by his payment in 1439 for initials in a book (untraced) for Philip the Good, Duke of Burgundy. Jan is first documented in The Hague in August 1422 as an established artist with an assistant and the title of Master, working for John III, Count of Holland (John of Bavaria; reg 1419-25), who evidently discovered the artist while he was bishop (1389-1417) of the principality of Liege. Jan became the court official painter and was paid, with a second assistant when the work increased in 1423, continuously, probably until the count death in January 1425.